Sunday, December 16, 2007

Day 2

So it might have been all the random food I ate the day before or just the overwhelming nature of delhi in general, but either way I got really sick this morning. I threw up a few times and stayed in bed for the entire morning. So my dad called a doctor in the neighborhood who told my grandfather to get some meds. I took one white pill and was completely fine in 15 minutes. it was amazing, i was so glad. American medicine has to be the weakest.. you get the strong stuff everywhere else in the world. Here the pharmacist is called a Chemist and you don't really need prescriptions. You go tell him what's wrong and he'll either pull something out right away or make something haha they are very smart people.
Since I felt fine during the afternoon, we decided to go out at night with my dad's cousin and his family. We went to this new place in delhi called Metro Walk. Its like a big outdoor mall like the vegas outlets or fashion valley. Theres an amusement park attached with a man made lake. On sundays it's way packed with families or our age kids hanging around. Hyundai is releasing a new car here, so as a promotion they had a dj out and everything. at first I was just walking and I started singing britney spears toxic and I was like wait.. where is that coming from. We turn the corner and I see groups of guys dancing together. definitely strange, but im pretty sure its normal.. boys are more touchy than girls even. They put their arm around each others shoulders and link arms and everything lol. At orientation, they told us "not to be shocked" when we noticed this in singapore haha.

No comments: